An Alternative Ecosystem for Zebra Mussels
Zebra mussels (Dreissena polymorpha) are an invasive species from Europe. They are damaging our local ecosystems and threatening native wildlife.
Females can lay a million eggs in a single year making them very destructive with a rapid rate of reproduction.
Shells from mussels wash up onto beaches causing bare feet to not be an option and cutting swimmers feet.
The zebra mussel trap is a reusable way to reduce the number of zebra mussels in your waterway. You simply place the traps at 6-8 foot water depths approximately 25 feet apart from each other. Come through and clean the traps about once every 2 months, placing the mussels in your compost pile for recycling.
You'll soon have a more beautiful waterfront and see a huge reduction in zebra mussels.
- Only proven way to remove and reduce large numbers of Zebra Mussels without chemicals.
- Alternate Ecosystem for Zebra Mussels.
- Works like Fly paper for Zebra Mussels.
- Removes thousands of breeding Zebra Mussels.
- Environmentally safe without chemicals.
- Recycle Zebra Mussels by adding to mulch pile.
- Make your beach and waterfront safer and clean.
- Zebra Mussel Trap will capture Zebra Mussels all year long.
- This is not a permanent structure and should be removed, cleaned (recharged) and replaced.
- Zebra Mussel Traps attract fish, especially perch.