Weedtrine-D | Unleash the Beauty, Vanquish the Weeds!
Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide is a broad-spectrum liquid aquatic herbicide for use in and around still lakes, ponds, lagoons, ditches, non-crop, or non-planted areas controlling a broad range of filamentous algae and submerged and floating aquatic weeds.
Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide controls submersed, floating and emergent weeds including duckweed. A surfactant is necessary when using this product with any weed on or above the water surface. Water use is restricted for irrigation, drinking (animal or human) and swimming, see label for details. Active ingredient is 8.53% diquat dibromide. Application rate for submersed weeds is 5 - 10 gallons per surface acre of vegetation.
Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide is a non-volatile herbicide for use in controlling submersed, floating aquatic and marginal weeds. This product works by being absorbed by the weed. Herbicidal effects are visible within a few days. Optimum results are seen if the weeds are young and actively growing. Treatment of dense weed areas may result in oxygen loss from decomposition of dead weeds.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Broad-Spectrum Herbicide: Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide is a versatile solution that effectively targets a wide range of aquatic weeds, including submerged, subsurface, and bottom-growing weeds.
- Rapid Weed Control: This powerful herbicide works quickly upon contact, causing wilting and loss of foliage within a short period, providing visible results within 1 to 2 weeks of application.
- Flexible Application: Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide can be used for both broadcast and spot treatments, making it suitable for large-scale applications or targeted weed control in smaller areas without damaging surrounding plants.
- Easy to Use: Simply mix the required amount of Weedtrine D with water in a handheld pump sprayer, backpack sprayer, or skid sprayer, and apply uniformly over the water surface or targeted areas.
- Safe and Eco-friendly: When used according to the product label instructions, Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide is safe for pets, livestock, and children, and can be used in various land and aquatic environments.
- Wide Range of Applications: Ideal for use on land areas like roadsides, fence lines, parks, golf courses, and farmyards, as well as in aquatic environments like ponds, drainage ditches, canals, streams, and rivers.
- Cost-effective Solution: Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide is an affordable option for controlling aquatic weeds, with one gallon covering up to 4,000 sq. ft. of submersed weeds or 8,000 to 10,000 sq ft. of floating, emersed, or terrestrial weeds.
- Expert Recommendation: Keith's Pro Tip suggests adding 1 oz. of non-ionic surfactant per 10 gallons of spray solution for optimal results, further enhancing the effectiveness of Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide.
- Long Shelf Life: When stored according to the product label, Weedtrine D has a shelf life of 1 to 2 years, ensuring you get the most out of your investment.
- Active Ingredient: Weedtrine D contains 8.53% diquat dibromide, a powerful herbicide that ensures effective weed control in various environments.
How it Works:
Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide is a liquid solution that you mix with water and spray on unwanted aquatic and terrestrial weeds. Once it comes into contact with the weeds, it quickly stops their ability to produce energy through photosynthesis, causing them to wilt and eventually die. By following the proper application guidelines, you can effectively control weed growth in various environments without harming the surrounding plants or aquatic life.
Step 1: Measure and Mix
- Determine the amount of Weedtrine D required by calculating the surface area (length x width) and volume (length x width x depth) of the treatment area.
- Mix the required amount of Weedtrine D with water in a handheld pump sprayer, backpack sprayer, or skid sprayer. Ensure the solution is well mixed by agitating the sprayer.
Step 2: Apply the Herbicide
- Apply Weedtrine D uniformly over the water surface using coarse droplets.
- Target weeds directly and ensure they are wet but not over-saturated.
- For optimal results, add 1 oz. of non-ionic surfactant per 10 gallons of spray solution.
Step 3: Weedtrine D in Action
- Upon contact, Weedtrine D starts to work immediately, causing rapid wilting and foliage loss in targeted weeds.
- The herbicide is absorbed by the weeds and inhibits their ability to photosynthesize, ultimately causing their death.
Step 4: Monitor and Reapply
- Within 1 to 2 weeks, observe visible results, such as a reduction in weed growth and muck accumulation.
- If necessary, reapply Weedtrine D after 2 weeks to ensure complete weed control.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How long does it take to see results after applying Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide?
A: Weedtrine D works quickly, and you should see visible results within 1 to 2 weeks of application.
Q: Is Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide safe for fish and other aquatic life?
A: When applied according to the product label instructions, Weedtrine D is safe for fish and other aquatic life. However, it is essential to follow the recommended application rates and guidelines to ensure the safety of aquatic organisms.
Q: Can I use Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide in my swimming pool?
A: No, Weedtrine D is not intended for use in swimming pools. It is designed for use in ponds, drainage ditches, canals, streams, rivers, and other still or slow-moving bodies of water.
Q: Will Weedtrine D affect the water quality in my pond?
A: When used according to the product label instructions, Weedtrine D should not have a significant impact on water quality. However, over-application or improper use of the herbicide may lead to adverse effects on water quality.
Q: Can I use Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide around my vegetable garden?
A: Weedtrine D is not recommended for use near food crops or vegetable gardens. Avoid applying the herbicide under conditions that may result in drift to food, forage, or other plantings that might be damaged.
Q: How often should I apply Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide for the best results?
A: The frequency of application depends on the severity of weed growth and the specific weed species you are targeting. In general, it is best to use Weedtrine D before weeds reach 6 inches in height and before the growth becomes too dense or weeds flower. If necessary, reapply Weedtrine D after 2 weeks to ensure complete weed control.
Q: Can I use Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide with other pond treatments or chemicals?
A: It is essential to consult the product label and any relevant guidelines before combining Weedtrine D with other pond treatments or chemicals. Mixing different products may lead to unexpected results or decrease the effectiveness of the herbicide.
Q: Do I need a permit to apply Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide in my pond or water body?
A: Permit requirements vary depending on your location and the specific regulations in place. It is essential to consult with your local regulatory agency or authorities before applying Weedtrine D Aquatic Herbicide to any water body.