Best Selling Lake Weed Cutter!
The Weedshear is our flagship product and we have sold tens of thousands to happy lake home & cabin owners over the years. This seaweed / lake & pond weed cutting tool is easy to use and effective at cutting most every aquatic plant at the lake base bottom in both shallow and deeper water depths. It will even works for cutting cattails but if you plan on slicing through more than a few then we recommend using one of our other tools. Try our gas powered Aquatic Vegetation Groomer or see check out more Sea Weed Cutting Tools Here.
The WeedShear Ships for FREE ( United States Only)
Use Coupon Code: WSFREE
- 49” wide V-shaped razer blade and cutting width
- Snap-button handle connection
- Stainless steel blades
- Convert handle length for both shallow and deep water use
- 25’ polypropylene cord for maximum coverage
- Includes hand held sharpener
- Folds up for easy storage
OPTIONAL CARRYING CASE AVAILABLE FOR ONLY $19.99
The Weed Shear works great with our Long Reach Lake Rake for cleaning up the cut weeds that sink to the bottom and even ones floating on the water surface.
Easy assembly and fun to use!
Insert spacer bolts and snap the handle together and you are ready to start cutting in just a few minutes! Tie the cord around your wrist, toss the Weed shear into the target area, let it sink to the bottom, and pull the cord back towards you in a “jerking” motion. It’s as simple as that! The “jerking” action is what generates the speed required to cut the aquatic plants and their base.
Why the WeedShear is the best choice to cutting seaweed by hand
- The stainless steel razor blades will never rust and rarely require sharpening.
- The Weedshear easily cuts all kinds of underwater weeds such as Milfoil, Hydrilla & Lily Pads. Just to name a few.
- The V-shaped cutter clears a 49” or over 4 foot path of aquatic weeds with each throw!
- You can quickly and efficiently cut all the weeds in your swimming area, around your dock, or on your shoreline because you can throw it from your dock, shoreline, or from a boat!
- Effective at Any Water Depth. The Weedshear connects the V-shaped blade to the handle using “snap-button” connection! This enables you to use a shorter handle for shallow water depths or you can add the extensions for use in deeper water!
- Other cutting tools such as the Serrated Lake Weed Cutter, T-Weeder or the Weed Razer work okay but many say that nothing compares to the Weedshear.
Disclaimer: Weed Shear is razor sharp so please use caution when operating.
DONT FORGET TO ADD THE STORAGE & CARRYING CASE (option at the top)
Weeders Digest also offers the Long Reach Lake Rake and the Weed Shear in a Combo Pack. You will get both tools that work great together and save!
See the Combo Pack HERE
38 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I just used it once and it worked great for me. It cleaned out the weeds in front of my dock in no time. I would recommend this product to my friends.
This product works great to cut large weeds out of your pond. It really surprised me. I can see the water again. So happy.
I purchased the weed cutter after watching some of the videos on line. It was easy to assemble and worked great!
A few notes:
1) WEAR GLOVES when using it. I made the mistake of not wearing gloves, and the constant tugging on the rope tore my skin up pretty good.
2) The yellow plastic blade covers did not fully cover the blades. They were about 2" short.
3) I wish I had purchased the weed rake also. I had a lot of manual labor collecting the cut weeds and lily pads with a garden rake.
I'm very happy with this weed cutter though.
A great solution to a problem we have been dealing with for years. Easy to use; very effective.
There is no easy cheap way to remove weeds from your waterfront. This tool works great for able bodied persons who are willing to work hard to remove aqua flora. I wish the cutting blade was a better quality for the money but this tool does work as advertised. Bottom line, I like it.
Works better than advertised my 89 year old dad used it and thought it was amazing
It's really a five star devise. I found it to be a little small. Being able to extend the razor portion in my case would be great.
i rarely do reviews, but I have to say that occasionally a product comes along that is so simple, effective and affordable that it is worth mentioning. I had talked to several pond experts who wanted to charge many thousands of dollars to correct my weed and algae problem when in reallity all i needed was the weedshear. Low cost, high quality environmentally friendly solution. What more can you ask for?
Could not wait to try this. Easily assembled, easy to throw, sinks well, and easy to retrieve.
Probably works better clearing lily pads or vegetation with stems that can be cut. The vegetation around my pier is more dense moss like. While the blades did not "cut" this vegetation, it did sweep it up, pulled it away from bottom and dragged it to surface.
The reason for 4 rather than 5 stars is the shipping contained. Package was busted up, too flimsy, and it was a wonder that some of the parts were not lost in shipment. Spend a little money with more durable packaging.
Worked as advertised. I am pleased with the product as it meets my expectations.
Pretty much as advertised, It is an economical solution and does what it is supposed to do. I fear that the weeds will just grow back and that this will become akin to cutting the grass, but I knew that when I bought the product. Solutions that truly get rid of the weeds either take more work or cost more.
I was a little scepticle when I ordered, but it actually worked better than I expected. A friend worked the trolling motor and we would stop every 20 feet. It is easy to pull and cuts well. We cleaned a 100 yard X 8 feet area in a little over an hour.